- Find a library near you.
- Browse the catalog to search for books, audiobooks, videos, or CDs.
- Find subject information or articles by accessing the database.
- View the photo collection and browse through historic photographs.
- Still have questions? - Ask a librarian.
Youth Education & Development Programs
HIRE LA’s Youth focuses on connecting L.A.’s youth to employment opportunities. This is provided by a partnership between the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce (LAACC), Mayor Villaraigosa, the City of Los Angeles, and the Workforce Investment Board.
The Fire Cadet Program provides young men and women with an exciting opportunity to learn about firefighting and emergency medical services as future career choices.
The following programs and services are provided by or in conjunction with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD):
- D.A.R.E. is a police officer-led series of classroom lessons that teaches children from kindergarten through 12th grade how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug and violence-free lives.
- The Jeopardy Program is a gang prevention/intervention program for boys and girls ages 8 through 17 and their parents. Jeopardy combines the strength of the community, neighborhood schools and the police department to effect positive, lifelong attitudinal changes in the young people so as to have a positive impact on the community.
- The Deputy Auxiliary Police program (D.A.P.) is designed for children aged 9 through 13 years. The D.A.P. program allows children to participate in activities that instill a sense of community pride, self-discipline and leadership ability in an overall positive environment.
- The Police Activity League (PAL) is a youth crime prevention program that relies on educational, athletic and other recreational activities to cement a bond between police officers and the youth in our community.
- The Los Angeles Police Academy Magnet School Program offers a rigorous, police officer-led high school curriculum for youth interested in a law enforcement career. The program provides a better understanding of law enforcement for students, and also provides a high quality recruiting resource for the Los Angeles Police Department.